If you call on us to help guide your transition to using BigData, we stand by our (No) Big Bang Theory:
- Re-use as much hardware as possible.
- Make as few change to software and processes as possible.
- Utilise existing staff, and upskill them.
THE (NO) BIG BANG THEORY OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT:
Alephant has a (NO) Big Bang Theory of Change Management that looks to find the smoothest transition from an existing relational database system to a Big Data system, taking into account the impact on staff and systems as part of that change.
MANAGING TECHNOLOGICAL CHANGE:
- NO BIG BANG (just Big Data)
- Re-use as much hardware as possible
- Minimal change to software and processes
- Only use new technology/processes where it gives major measurable benefits
PEOPLE and TALENT:
- NO BIG BANG (except in terms of productivity)
- Use existing people where possible
- Train up existing people before recruiting
- Make people's work lives easier, more interesting, more rewarding
CULTURE and LEADERSHIP:
- NO BIG BANG (more of a Big Splash in your industry)
- Make your place a cool place to work
- Help employees to improve at a rate they are comfortable with
- Gain a reputation for your business for doing interesting things with technology